Daniel VaqueroResearch Scientist
Sunnyvale, California, USA
Daniel Vaquero is a Research Scientist with the Computational Photography team at the Nokia Research Center Media Technologies Lab, Sunnyvale, CA. Before joining Nokia, Daniel received a PhD degree from the Department of Computer Science, University of California, Santa Barbara. Throughout his doctoral studies, Daniel held research internship positions at Mitsubishi Electric Research Labs, IBM Research, and the Nokia Research Center Palo Alto, where he created novel computational photography and surveillance techniques. Daniel’s research has been featured in major Computer Vision and Graphics conferences, such as CVPR, ICCV and SIGGRAPH.
Professional ActivitiesReviewer for computer vision conferences:
- Face and Gesture Recognition
- International Journal of Computer Vision
- IEEE Computer Graphics & Applications
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics
- Computer Vision and Image Understanding
- Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation
- The Visual Computer
- SPIE Journal of Electronic Imaging
- Computational Photography
- Computer Vision
- Computer Graphics
- Image Processing
- Applied Machine Learning
- Intelligent User Interfaces
Personal InformationE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christine Chen, Daniel Vaquero, and Matthew Turk. Illumination Demultiplexing from a Single Image. In International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV 2011), Barcelona, Spain, November 6-13, 2011.
- Daniel Vaquero and Matthew Turk. The Composition Context in Point-And-Shoot Photography. In ACM SIGGRAPH 2011 Posters, Vancouver, Canada, August 7-11, 2011. (Semi-Finalist, ACM Student Research Competition)
- Daniel Vaquero, Natasha Gelfand, Marius Tico, Kari Pulli, and Matthew Turk. Generalized Autofocus. In IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV 2011), Kona, Hawaii, January 5-7, 2011.
- Daniel Vaquero, Matthew Turk, Kari Pulli, Marius Tico, and Natasha Gelfand. A Survey of Image Retargeting Techniques. In SPIE Applications of Digital Image Processing XXXIII, Andrew G. Tescher, Editor, Proc. SPIE 7798, 779814, San Diego, California, August 1-5, 2010. (oral presentation)
- Andrew Adams, Eino-Ville Talvala, Sung Hee Park, David Jacobs, Boris Ajdin, Natasha Gelfand, Jennifer Dolson, Daniel Vaquero, Jongmin Baek, Marius Tico, Hendrik Lensch, Wojciech Matusik, Kari Pulli, Mark Horowitz, Marc Levoy. The Frankencamera: An Experimental Platform for Computational Photography. ACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH 2010), Los Angeles, California, July 25-29, 2010.
- Daniel A. Vaquero, Rogerio S. Feris, Duan Tran, Lisa Brown, Arun Hampapur and Matthew Turk. Attribute-Based People Search in Surveillance Environments. In IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV 2009), Snowbird, Utah, December 7-8, 2009. (oral presentation)
- Daniel A. Vaquero, Ramesh Raskar, Rogerio S. Feris, and Matthew Turk. A Projector-Camera Setup for Geometry-Invariant Frequency Demultiplexing. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2009), Miami, Florida, June 22-24, 2009.
- Daniel A. Vaquero, Rogerio S. Feris, Matthew Turk, and Ramesh Raskar. Characterizing the Shadow Space of Camera-Light Pairs. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2008), Anchorage, Alaska, June 24-26, 2008.
- A. Datta, R. Feris, D. Vaquero and S. Pankanti. Hierarchical Ranking of Facial Attributes. US Patent 8,380,711, 2011.
- D. Vaquero, R. Feris, A. Hampapur and L. Brown. Multispectral Detection of Personal Attributes For Video Surveillance. US Patent 8,515,127, 2010.
- R. Feris, D. Vaquero, A. Hampapur and L. Brown. Semantic Parsing of Objects in Video. US Patent 8,532,390, 2010.
- R. Feris, D. Vaquero, A. Hampapur and L. Brown. Semantic Parsing of Objects in Video. World Patent Application PCT/EP2011/062925, 2011.
- L. Brown, A. Hampapur, R. Feris and D. Vaquero. Facilitating People Search in Video Surveillance. World Patent Application PCT/EP2011/062910, 2011.
- R. Feris, D. Vaquero, A. Hampapur and L. Brown. Attribute-Based Person Tracking Across Multiple Cameras. US Patent Application 12/845119, 2010.
- L. Brown, A. Hampapur, R. Feris and D. Vaquero. Facilitating People Search in Video Surveillance. US Patent Application 12/845116, 2010.